Client: Chevler Ltd
Timeframe: 6 weeks
Resource: 15 Operatives
MSS were commissioned by Chevler to undertake enabling works prior to conversion of offices to commercial manufacturing space.
Acting in the role of principal contractor MSS undertook the soft strip and asbestos removal within an area of 1500m2.
- The site was a former office with multiple rooms separated via partition walls with suspended ceilings throughout
- The client required a quick turnaround to enable the new manufacturing process to be implemented
- A construction programme was developed
- Access and egress to the site was controlled utilising site compound hoarding with signage and clear instructions for those entering site
- Daily safety briefings and safety tours formed an essential part of the project
- The project was resourced to deliver in a structured manner in the shortest feasible time, the use of double shifts facilitated this requirement
- All engaged in the works were given the required level of information, instruction and training to deliver their individual tasks safely
- All isolations were handled by MSS
- On going site audits, comprehensive inductions and supervision ensured the site operated safely
- A system of welfare cabins and offices were sited to provide a CDM compliant welfare provision for all site personnel
As part of the value add for the client a significant amount of the materials removed from the site were recycled for future use on site.
Timescale and Delivery
A site based MSS project manager, supervisor and site team consisting of fifteen operatives successfully delivered the project to the 6 week timescale and on budget.